Re: Where do you get your music?

@Sebby, I'm afraid this is probably where we agree to disagree sinse we perceive the situation differently. You like Itunes organization, I do not.
I've got  no problem about people liking things that I don't, my problem is that Apple have not given those who do not like their way of doing things an alternative, or made Itunes flexible enough to fit the needs of people who just want to do their own organizing by files and folders. Contrast the case of Itunes with that of the Seagate external drive I bought the other day. it has Seagate's own proprietory (and I believe inaccessible), backup software on there if you want to install it.
I however simply deleted Seagate's program and did a bog standard copy of what I want on the drive, no harm, no foul. Now why can't I do that with my Iphone? Just load on what music I want and if I bought music take it off the same way?

I personally do think the motivation for this is intentionally obstructive and meant to create a monopoly, where Itunes is the only purchicing and distribution method people use to interact with Apple devices, indeed they tried a similar thing with the lightning connector system in place of Usb or changing the ring configuration on the standard 3.5 cm headphone jacks so the Iphone would only take Apple licensed connectors.
This is a tendency both Apple and Microsoft have shown. They can give it fancy names like vertical intigration or centralization or what not, but to me it's "You must buy all our products!" No different from those coffee makers that only take refills from the specific company who made them and can't be used to either make coffee from any other producer, or even from scratch.

As I said, if you like Itunes fare enough, however Apple should by rights stop being a hog for those of us who don't and won't be convinced by Apple's propergander that just because the big almighty coorporat ion say so that doesn't mean it is best or even what we want. Indeed in a lot of ways I personally am capitalism's worst nightmare, a person who knows exactly what he wants for himself rather than being convinced of what he wants by any company.

On a less philosophical level, as I said,I definitely don't regard Apple as all badat all, nor would I confuse the opinions of some fans with the company itself, (I once met a total git who represented greenpeace!).
Itunes and media in general aside, there are many things in the Iphone I really! like, and depending upon the improvements from the Iphone 5, I'll possibly be getting a series 7 phone and maybe still a Mac.

As to your bluetooth speaker player, sounds very similar to the boombox I bought for my dad. It's basically as you describe, but a radio when the stick is out instead of a bluetooth speaker.

As basic as it goes, but perfect for my dad and a great way for me to share my audioboo ks with him, indeed it was ironic that though my dad is fully endowed with eyeballs it took a vi product to be simple enough for his technical skills or lack there of.

And that! is definitely a case of something that is no use to me, not with my complex folders and subfolders and what not, but very useful to someone else, however fortunately I'm not forced to use one and can have my Victor Stream instead :D.

Btw, the one problem with the boombox is that it takes no account of folders at all. It'll play all files in alpha numeric order. So when I put stuff on for my dad, I can't even put two episodes of a radio drama if they're in episode folders ripped from the original discs with each having numbered tracks.