Re: I probably shouldn't be posting this

If I could +1 that post you just made multiple times, Defender, I would. That was very well said, and I couldn't agree more. If you're a moderator, knowing how to ban someone should be taught to you before you even step up to the plate and put on that moderation hat. Not only because of situations like what we're experiencing here, but because of spammers, who do slip in here from time to time. If you don't ban them, who will?

Furthermore, I think it's sad that this topic had to actually be brought up at all. Yeah, being too heavy-handed is bad, but so is letting someone break the rules over and over again. I remember thinking this months ago, when the argument was going strong in the Psycho Strike topic about the developer basically taking people's money and running with it. While nothing in that topic was ban-worthy, it would have been really nice to have the presence of a moderator in there to tell some of the worst offenders to tone it down a notch, because a lot of what was said there was borderline flaming.

But I do agree that the Ultra Power topics are on a level way worse than that incident, and yeah, the incidents that crop up usually do resolve themselves in time, but is that what we want this forum to be known as? A playground for kids who really should know better but choose not to, for whatever reason?