Re: Sound decryption in load_from_memory function does not work in bgt

Hello,

I don’t know if you can load a sound from a file object, the only reason you would want to do that is to grab it from a pack for something, but not even then do I usually do something like that.

What you do is this. Declare the decryption key, either in the declaration itself, or store the key in a string, then set the key to the string.

You then either set sound path, path to pack file, or if your baking it into the final executable, use a star sign to denote an internal pack name, set_sound_storage left parenthesis * right parenthesis. This denotes your using a pack file that you baked into the executable, refer to the manual on packaging files with your executable.

Now, when you go to load, you just load a sound as normal, unless your loading from a pack, at which point you have to remember what your internal naming scheme is for the sound files inside the pack.
If you use something like x pack, the process is simplified a bit, because you can refer to sound files as you would for the source version of the game.
I hope this helps and isn’t too short, I’m writing this up before my folks and I try to escape a hurricane.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector