Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

@Frandum, I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with. I always like it in rpgs when death is more a "go off and do something else since what you were doing didn't work" (especially when I get somewhere new to explore), rather than slapping your wrist and making you do more repetitive grinding. It's actually an interesting concept to explore and of course can make for some great descriptions.

One other nice thing about the ghost mechanic, is that you can actually let it foster player cooperation by having a way for players to do restoration rituals to effectively get you out of death early, meaning that there are ways players can help each other out.

@Marta Yes, access is awesome here, one reason it got a db entry. I particularly like the new commands for learning about the world around you such as area and directions, since apart from the ascii that was a miner issue in the game as the Frandum world is fairly large and has lots of loca tions to explore.

I'd highly recommend trying this one, it's not really like any other mud I've ever played at all one reason it took me a while to get into the swing of things, and if you love quests and can get your head around a game where basically your rewarded for wandering around and looking at things and working things out rather than slaying anything that moves you'll enjoy it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector