Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

@Jayde, the syntax is not a problem with this one and most of what you find quest wise is fairly logical, or at least I've not become majorly stuck thus far and there haven't been any puzzles that are too strange, and I believe some extra commands are available later to illuminate areas of the game you might be stuck on, though I'll get onto that at another point.

What I particularly like is that you get experience for just wandering around and looking at things, and your never short of stuff to examine, indeed mostly when your required to use pull, push or turn it's fairly obvious and the game is very responsive in giving you a hint if you try the wrong command, eg "why don't you try turning it?" if you try pulling something.

the only mechanic in the game as far as syntax goes which I'm a little suspicious of is the "tell x about y" setup which is used for npc interactions. I actually much prefer it in games when a ge neral "talk to so and so"  or "listen to so and so" is used to initiate steps in a quest and your only needed to actually tell x about y in cases where you logically would! have to tell x about y.
I recall for example one very clunky interactive fiction game where I was given the "this kingdom needs you to go and do mighty deeds" type speech from a wizard, who sent me to go and see the guard captain to get some equipment. Then the guard captain stood there like a lemon and wouldn't interact until it occurred to me to type "tell captain about need", why he didn't for example ask why the heck someone had just barged into his office I don't know. Still i do recall instances where in muds I've had that problem, not been able to initiate a quest because I don't know what particular thing I'm supposed to tell someone about big_smile.

That being said, the npcs in frandum are very responsive and usually will say what they need to say to you automatically when your in the right location, though how this works with multiple quest steps we'll see.

okay, possible frandum spoilers below, do not read on unless you want tumulous spoiled.

The two instances in Frandum i found a little weerd with the tell command were firstly flora and marius, and secondly the sherrif.

With flora and marius, the first logical thing I tried was "tell flora about marius" which didn't seem to worke really could've said something there.

With the sherrif, I get the strong impression that he has! a quest, but I can't initiate it no matter what I try to ask or tell him, he just tells me to keep out of trouble, this particularly goes for the bounty notice since I'd assume he'd want help catching the criminal, still I'll se if I can fix that since I� 39;ve not tried all the choices with that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector