Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

Gonna have to try this one eventually. I especially like the responsiveness from the dev that's here, and the ability to stop and realize that an old mechanic is simply not all that hot (death, in this case) and be willing to fix it.

The only worry I have is syntax. I've played lots of games with quests, some complex, and oftentimes I get hung up on syntax. The phrase "open drawer" might not work, for instance; you might have to use "pull drawer"...except the word "pull" is not found -anywhere in the command list or anywhere in the nested descriptions of an area. That sort of thing is what threw me off 4 Dimensions...well, that, and the fact you needed Wikipedia to finish their freaking tutorial area because you needed to look up movies Humphrey Bogart was in.
So I'm not saying this is a problem here, but if wonky syntax is common in quests, I'll probably try briefly and leave.
I'm not saying quests can't be hard or that syntax can't be strange, but I hope it's at least either 1. consistent or 2. logical, and above all else, if it's not either one of those things, I hope that it's got a clue in the text somewhere.

Beyond that, this one sounds like great fun and I'll be interested to play it when I've got a little downtime.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector