Re: iPhone screen brightness problem

It may be true that the screen curtain alone doesn't help much with reducing battery usage, but I'm not unhappy with how long I can go between needing to recharge the phone, so I'm not too inclined to fuss with the screen brightness settings.

I have always wondered though, does the screen curtain simply turn off the screen's backlight, or does it just fill the screen with black and block anything from being drawn on it. From an implementation, actually turning off the backlight would be the far easier of the two.

That would be an interesting question to pose to Apple.