Re: iPhone screen brightness problem

I believe you are right, I did some searching on the internet and found a number of descriptions of what the screen curtain actually does, and they say that it simply turns all colors sent to the screen to black, and that the back light is still running.

Considering that I'm not unhappy with my battery life, and that there is a screen brightness bug in iOS versions 9 and 10, I'm going to leave brightness set to auto for now.