Re: Timecrest: The Door major update with VoiceOver

@Cowbunny, what one developer did with a similar game, One button travel was have a routine hwich passed the messages directly to a different voice on the Iphone, effectively having the texts spoken but not directly with voiceover, indeed you still needed vo if you wanted to reread the incoming texts since they were only spoken once.
To be honest though, I really wasn't that bothered about the feature, since firstly it seemed a lot of work to waste on just avoiding one finger swipe for a message, and secondly it could actually get a little irritating if you were doing something else on your phone and a message came in and started speaking streight off or you wanted to reread something in the game since you then needed to use vo to go back and read the history, but might get an incoming message speaking while you were rereading an older message, plus you couldn't change the in game voice, it was always stuck on Samantha. Samanthas' voice did go with One button travel's distopean time travel theme and the game's rather grim background music, but I wouldn't say it was %100 necessary from an access perspective, for myself I'm quite happy with the way messages come in now.

I do however agreee with Shrike that the alypsis is a bit incongruous. I know it is a punctuation symbol, but am not exactly sure which symbol it is or what it means (I've only ever heard voiceover refer to alypsis, I presume the pc screen readers call it dash or equals or greaterthan or something else).

I gather it means something liek a pause or an emoticon or something, since it usually comes up when Ash is surprised or bothered, but it might be nice if that had a text alternative, like hmmm, or mmm, or aaa or something that a person would use in speech.

I'm now on chapter four as well and am still very much liking the game. I really like the soundtrack and would love a  copy to listen to on my pc (it reminds me of th e music from some of the Final fantasy games), indeed you might consider selling a copy on your website for people to download, since while I know it's possible to buy in game I wouldn't mind adding it to my general music collection, ---- oh, and no, I'm afraid I don't use itunes since Itunes is pure evil! big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cowbunny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shrike via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kingzombie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cowbunny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogamer101 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kingzombie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the best in the world via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the best in the world via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kingzombie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cowbunny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdullah_mohammad via Audiogames-reflector