Handheld consoles: PS Vita or Nintendo?

Hi.
I haven't followed the news regarding those two handheld consoles the last year. So I'm making this topic to see if any of you knows anything.
PS Vita: Has there been released any updates which makes the system easier to use? Last time I heard about it, which was long time ago, you need sighted help to drag the icons of the downloaded games so they can be accessed using the directional buttons. Moving between the icons on the home screen makes no sounds either. So this was impossible to download a game and start playing it without any sighted help. Anyone who knows if this has changed? Any new playable games for the Vita?

The handheld Nintendo consoles:
Well, I know close to nothing about those. I have seen the Ds more than 5 years ago. Has anything changed, or has any usability been improved?
Is somebody up for making a guide on how to navigate the Nintendo handheld consoles like I'm working on for the ps4? See more at the following link:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 62#p284662
It would be great if someone would make a list of playable games as well.
It would be interesting to see how the Nintendo store works. Can I create an account to see this without having a console?
I'm excited to hear about any news you might have.