Re: Monthly chat november 2016

Well Not a lot new to report today other than that I have been up most of the night finishing bands of mourning.
the Conclusion was good, though at the same time a trifle disappointing because unfortunately Sanderson's style is just feeling a bit samy now, particulalry his "Oh look, I will conveniently have a character get super powers" thing.
Admitedly with sanderson he does setup where the super powers come from, but really I'd like a conclusion to one of his books actually be reached without! someone ganing godlike power through unexpected  manipulations in the system. also, he is getting a little too blatant in terms of tying all the cosmia stuff together, particularly mistborn, stormlight and the world of warbreaker, though i suppose since Stormlight is sort of his magnum opus he would do that, still i'd rather he did it in the books themselves rather than having appendicies which are raather blatant adverts for other books he's written. I'll also confes sI'm a little narked by the fact that he's got a mistborn novella which isn't available in audio format, or at least not that I've been able to find which is annoying since there are some rather major questions left hanging which he's actively said are answered in it.

Then again it was nice that in Bands of Mourning we actually saw more of the world and he continues to do interesting things with alamancy and science, and it was also nice to see a new perspective on things and new nation.

Again not much else to report since I've mainly been busy with academic work thus far and not playing much by way of games, though I'll see about things today. I'm tempted to give lament mud a try since I fancy something a bit more strategic and longer planning than usual hack n slash type of affairs but I'll see. I also need to finish a book review for Dosgbody by diana wynne jones which my lady and I finished the other day, a book that literally involves sirius the dog star being put into the body of a dog.

Very awesome, especially if your an animal lover.

anyway, enough woffle from me currently methinks.