Re: Your ideal Braille display

I spent a month with the Focus 40 Blue and was impressed with its battery life.  That was about it.  The form factor rivaled VarioUltra's, but certain hardware features were more appealing to me.  I'm not a fan of devices with buttons.  I'd prefer a switch, personally.  I was fortunate enough to have sent in a unit given to me to have it fixed under warranty due to a jammed power button.  A friend of mine didn't use it, so I thought I'd make a deal with her to get it.  The keyboard was fine, and the extraneous buttons made navigation and performing other operations, especially in iOS, much easier or at least smoother in my opinion.  Of course, it was fully integrated with Jaws, but I don't use Braille displays on desktop OS's.  I'd rather use a traditional qwerty keyboard with a screenreader.  Not sure why, that's just how I am.  The rocker bars and navkeys were a little too loud fo r my taste.  Having it charge via Micro-USB was nice.  You could charge it with an external battery pack (I'm sure you can do that with most devices today).  I heard the Braille cells were junk, but I didn't work with it nearly long enough to notice any deterioration or worn dots.  Overall, it was a good display.  I'd have kept it if it were my only choice, but I had other options, so I went with Baum.

Enjoy your new toy.
big_smile

Luke