Re: Game in development: Lost and Hound, a rescue dog RPG

@Sightless Kombat
I think something is happening to your responses. Both of them have been cut off and I was looking forward to reading them!

@Slj
You're right, the vocal audio is too low. I'll raise it. The vocal instructions do say you can press the middle mouse button, or the F key, they both work for that function. Although it's good input, I didn't consider that, thank you.

@Haramir
Maybe, about the music. I think it's going to feel crowded. There are some levels that are just incredibly lush with sound design, and others like the snow level that are an extreme contrast as snow is silent and seems to absorb sound. Maybe I'll put music in that one but right now, ALL the music in the game is diagetic - meaning the in game characters are aware of it.

@sanslash332
That was actually input I received from someone I know that is a blind gamer. He said that a lot of people with vision impairment don't bother to upgrade their computers because they don't need graphics systems. Maybe you're right though, maybe I could just add options in the menu. I agree, I didn't want to split it into two versions. I think the design idea is strong enough to serve both needs of sight and audiogame.  Thank you for your input!
I am using 3d audio, yes. I think maybe you need to be controlling the character to feel the spatialization of it. It's really, really 3d in the sense that literally every tree has a different sounding creature in it. from all the other trees in the area.  And the bark sounds are a function! You can bark as much as you want lol it's a mouse click. Are you saying I need more for variety? I'd agree with that.

I think I'll have a test version of the first level, audiogame only, within a week.

Thanks for your input everyone!! If you have any ideas please let me know!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector