Re: Redspot: Blood and dumpsterfire.

I have to agree on a great deal of this. I think, to put it simply, the game was fun when it first came out, and while new things keep the game interesting, I think we got a bit too much. This game has turned into a bit of a strategy game, and while yes, that's what an FPS is at it's core, this game strikes me as a lot of resource management... if you're on a team. Because, unless you get lucky or you're crazy good, it's much, much harder to go lone wolf than it is as part of a team. That's from my own experience, anyways.
  I also have to agree on the fact that this game has a lot of guess work, or as I've heard it put, "easter eggs." I won't start a debate about that here, or anywhere for that matter, because, and if I may cite an earlier post of mine here in which I said FPS games generate the most drama, there are far too many topics addressing this game and games like it. The consensus of all of those posts seems to boil down to this simple fact: Redspot and similar games have their issues and their greatnesses, their supporters and their staunch opponents. I will not say my position here, but I will change the subject and say this: I used to know Sam a lot better before he got his group of friends and I got mine. The thing is, we're both students full-time, and so I can say that developing two major games while trying to finish high school sounds terrifying indeed. Although, I will agree, he does seem to be a touch unresponsive. I didn't quite keep up to date on his "Looking For Redspot Feedback" topic, but if I'm correct, he stopped replying rather quickly. That has nothing to do with his talent as a developer, mind you. I think his games have... potential. My final thought is simply that he's trying to cram a lot into a game that probably didn't need so much.
Sam, if you read this, I admire your skill as a developer, but as an older person and a writer who faces criticism with all of my work, you should at least try to listen to more of it. Good luck, by the way. You're doing great.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gamedude via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sito via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector