Re: audio life

As has been said, Swamp and Stw prove that interesting 3D open world audio environments are possible. The key thing for me to make it an enjoyable world to explore is defintley the quality  of the audio. This is true of all audio games as far as I can see. If it's too obvious you're actions are just triggering a repetitive or poor sound sample, then that is a rreal mood killer. So the audio would have to be top notch and varied if you want a believable virtual realm. I imagine that would cost a bit.  But it occurs to me that the key point of a thing like this is that the programmers would have to create something that would allow ordinary non-programmers to build interesting/complex  things, more interesting than the things ordinary users can craft in STW. So it seems that a couple of the main sticking points to a project like this would be the cost and the motivation of the people who are going to have to do the real hard work. From the bits of simple scripting I've done, the one thing I've found you need more than anything else is a boundless drive to see the projecgt through. What's going to be the fuel for that drive? OCD helps, lol, but it's not enough.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlakeT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlakeT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rocky Waters via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector