Re: audio life

I think a virtual world would be very fun myself. I was never a fan of second life, so what I was thinking was more freeform RPG, with still building and all that stuff. Not quite Survive the Wild, but where there are a bunch of activities and people can do all sorts of things, collecting objects and being able to build that way. Again, for example, some time spent onboard and playing in the winter might allow them to get a Christmas tree item or wood floors if they are near trees a lot or what have you. The game doesn't need to be survival or anything, and even if you do work in combat or action, people should be able to play without  having to do those things and just hanging out could be cool and something they could do too. Or even ability to make things could happen by having treasure chests appear completely at random with stuff inside or just give people stuff for staying online and playing with others.

As for building in total audio, my advice is to use a 3d grid system with cubes, round objects with the radius of so many cubes by so many cubes triangular objects that take up half a cube, and so on.

An example of how this would work using only cubes.

I'm building a track and field stadium, or maybe I'm just doing something for some contests and I want a podium. The one with the first-place person standing on top at the highest point, the second-place person a bit lower to the right, and the third place person standing off to the left at an even lower level. Either I have infinite building material or I have to play a while to get some but I have enough now.

Now an X Y Z coordinate system works that Y is vertical distance, width is the X distance, and distance away is the Z axis. With some hotkey ways to change the layout so you can move along the Z axis or  some hotkeys that will let you move back and forth. I can construct the podium as follows.

(the numbers here are arbitrary.)

I make the center piece that the first-place person stands on 12 cubes high and 3x3 along the X and Z axes. Perhaps when I move my cursor over a spot that already is occupied, it makes a "plunk" sound for a cube and maybe a harsher tearing sort of sound for something triangular.

I make the second-place portion 9 high and 3 by three, connected to the first place portion.

I make the 3rd place portion by doing the same only 6 high but 3x3 to the left, in such a way that this is all one piece.

If If possible, allow for different materials, perhaps with different sound effects, for example, if someone wants what they make to be stone, it will make stone sounds when touched or interacted with.

If possible, I either use text labels on parts of the podium that can be read with a command or arrange special blocks to create the 1, 2, and 3, labels for the object. I can also give this object a name such as (bookrage Track Podium.)

some of this might sound a bit minecraft, but you would like go into an item creator and wouldn't have to build temporary crud to get up high or anything unless you wanted to.

I hope some of these might work for you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlakeT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlakeT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rocky Waters via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector