Re: Why Must People Crack Games

sito wrote:

although as i've stated before. as long as audiogames are word games, math games etc or waaaaay overpriced according to what's in the game content i don't see people not kracking them.
let's take crazy party for example. that game should be payed for since it's such an awesome game that is being activly developed and contains so much content+ it has replay value but as for let's say brainstation which is coming soon. why should that be payed. you're likely to play until you complet all achevments then you're done with it, that's a game that belonged to the 90's. not to say that it isn't good, it most certainly has good games, but it's not something that shouldn't be payed for because, one, it doesn't have any goals accept completieng achevements and 2, it doesn't realy offer much when you're done with your singel goal.

So then I guess since even though I'm spending several hundred hours of my own time plus my own money to pay for sounds and music to provide everyone with a good experience, the game shouldn't cost money because it doesn't meet up to someone's perceived standards of what is worth paying for?
So because I am not making a fully immersive RPG, and instead am making a collection of word and puzzle games with a lot of replay value they should not be payed for? I'm sorry. Am I reading this previous post correctly?
So it's wrong for me to want to be compensated for my time and effort to create games for this community because these games do not measure up to someone's arbitrary standards?