Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

@JaceK

I've been there where I had no money and was forced to use welfare just to survive. In that mode you take advantage of every free thing you can, but to get the most value out of it, I'd go for what will fill the need, not the top of the line, that's just wasteful of the very limited resources.

Then later when I'm much better off, I probably could have gotten JAWS for free, but didn't want to wait the months it would take to get it, so I paid for it myself, and left the money in the welfare system so that hopefully somebody who really needs it can get it.

My only computer is an ten year old laptop that works just fine and fills my computing needs very adequately, I don't need something shiny and new and probably loaded down with a bunch of extra crap I have no use for.

My iPhone is an SE, I definitely don't need an eight, or a, God forbid, an X. I like the size and form factor of the classic iPhones and have no wish to own any of the newer designs.

It's people like Bob that make it hard for people that really need it to get the help they need from the welfare system because people like him are sucking up all the resources. But as I look at it, you get out of life what you put into it. If you go through life being a cheap ass jerk like Bob, you'll end up with an unsatisfying cheap ass life, and deserve it.