Re: Recommendation: Nexus Clash

Hello there, I'm plscks and I have been playing Nexus Clash off and on since it was created. I started playing the predecessor game called Nexus War, which closed a decade ago, then when Nexus Clash was created I started playing immediately. I played for a while then I took a break to get my higher education in and start a family. I remembered the game a year and a half or so ago and jumped right back in.

I am not a member of the development, but I am the caretaker of our map for the time being. Accessibility was not even on my radar when I took over the map, since Caccio72 joined us though I have been trying to implement changes to it to make it more accessible. Any input is very welcome, I am not a programmer professionally and it is only a hobby for me, so updates may come slowly. That is how it is for most of the Nexus Clash developers, hobbyist and huge fans of the game working to make it better, the development team and admins are very active and receptive to ideas so any input is very welcome.

Now as far as playing goes, a huge majority of players are probably unfactioned and do in fact play the lone wolf character. This play style is certainly doable and welcomed, you might progress a little slower but being out and about the map can lead to some nice interactions with players that you might not otherwise have had the chance to meet. The maps are fairly large and there are plenty of places to explore, not only that but there are badges you can find that in effect tell the greater story of the current Nexus breath, you find them by searching in or outside of specific buildings. There is a very rich lore to the Nexus and the development team does a very good job of tying that into the gameplay.

Some worthwhile things to note for newcomers though, when you create your character, here is placeholder text in the text field that reads "Character Name" if you do not remove it it will become part of your name, I've asked an admin about this and it is going to get patched to not happen any more, so if this has happened to you it is fixable by admin. They have been fixing this as they've been seeing it. Also by default you are given three character slots, this is enough to have one character of each alignment to try out all three. If you have questions the community is very helpful, we have a discord server where the developers and admin are usually around, we also have a forums tied to the game it is not as used as it once was, but many people regularly check it, myself included. There is also a game wiki which is pretty well kept and has lots of useful information in it, it is a good place to look if you want further information on a skill or if you want to look up the lore of the Nexus. I have been working slowly on a points of interest wiki page with building types, descriptions, and coordinates on them, it isn't done yet, but I'll keep updating it as I get them time. I also have a Discord bot that has all of the information that the map has and is capable of giving direction from a starting point to a destination by coordinate or giving directions from a starting coordinate to the nearest building of a given type.

Feel free to ask me any questions here, or anyone on the game's Discord server, or in the game's forums in the Out-of-Character Discussion, Build Advise, or Rules Discussion subforums. The community is always welcoming of new players and we would love to have any of you join on in!

Now here are a few links that might be helpful:

Caccio72 linked to the development map I am working on, for now it only has the primary plane map Laurentia working. alt+k enters keyboard mode alt+g let's you jump the cursor to a specific coordinate, then from there alt+arrows will let you move the selector around. I will work on implementing an accessible way to use the maps pathfinding in the future. And please note that this is a different link than the one in the game.
https://plscks.github.io/devHYPERMAP/hypermap.html

Here is the start of the points of interest wiki page I began and continue to work on:
https://wiki.nexuscla.sh/wiki/index.php … urentiaPoI

Here are the wiki pages for new players and also a guide to not regretting your skill choices:
https://wiki.nexuscla.sh/wiki/index.php … ayer_Guide

https://wiki.nexuscla.sh/wiki/index.php … fe_Choices

The skill choices one is to be taken with a grain of salt and isn't a plan for everyone, but it does have some very valuable information in it.

The Nexus Clash general Discord server:
https://discord.gg/gf87Umw

And the Nexus Clash Forums:
https://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Also, thanks Caccio72 for giving Nexus Clash a great review and for joining our community and bringing awareness to this community here! And again, feel free to ask me any questions you have.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : plscks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : plscks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : plscks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kandarin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kandarin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Quentin via Audiogames-reflector