Re: What in your opinion should paid games have To make it worth buying

Sounds like you wanted it to be an everything game.  I can understand the story part, but the rest?  Why would you have modern weapons in this type of game, and why must you have a million different options.  Sometimes it's about doing what you can with what you have, and that's the point of this game, conserving resources while being aware of your surroundings and ready for anything, even if it's frustrating at times, because it feels that much better when you beat it.  If all games let you do all things, it would be pointless to even have different ones.  I mean you don't read Harry Potter expecting starfighter dogfights, and you don't watch Starwars expecting magical potions that let you shapeshift, but both are good for their own reasons.
Yeah, it's hard even on easy, I won't deny it, and if you don't like that it's okay, but don't blame the game.  Plenty of experienced audio gamers were able to play it, and since adventure at c: was made by the same guy and the point was that it would be harder than all the other sidescrollers, it makes sense that this one would also be difficult.  I'd consider my self a moderate level player, and I managed to beat it on hard after a few tries, though never on nightmare.
There was a demo, and letsplays, and feedback on the game's thread.  You probably should have checked one of those first

I'd suggest you go play shooter CD or Scrolling Battles 9.6 from masonasons.me or Bloodshed release the pain from samtupy.com if you want a mindless shootemup, I like those sometimes too.
I mean I appreciate that you aren't saying everyone should also hate it, and there is no shame in not being great at computer games or preferring certain types, but your reasons still mostly seem pretty silly and preventable to me.