Re: What in your opinion should paid games have To make it worth buying

"Audio Games should be more like mainstream games!" [...] "...except for difficulty and challenge. Mainstream can keep that. Actually, let's make mainstream get rid of that, too."
Mario still sells like hotcakes every time it gets re-released, and it does not have grenade-launchers or machine guns. It has jumping, fireballs, temporary invincibility, and a tanuki suit (and that last one doesn't show up until the third game). Sonic has speed-shoes and a single-hit shield, and also temporary invincibility. 3k introduces shields for water / fire / electric threats, and a double-jump ability. Megaman has a wider variety of equipment, which you obtain primarily by defeating bosses (I like to compare BK2-3 to Megaman in some ways).
If what everyone really wants is an interactive audio drama with Swamp / Redspot / RTR style controls for the interactive bits, get together some voice-actors and sound-designers, and we can make a Swamp Campaign to make it even easier.
I mean, that's not what I want. I like The Gate because it feels more like a video game than most audio games. It has problems (vast featureless spaces is the main one that comes to mind), but hardly anyone ever complains about those.
What makes a game worthwhile in general? What is the purpose of a game? That needs answering long before money gets involved.