Re: Bookrage's choiceofgames reviews

One advantage to choice of the dragon, is that it's so short it's easy to try a lot of different paths, so I might have another run and see what I can do.
I actually prefer the achievements view in the Omnibus ap as opposed to  the game centre, since it tells you which achievements you have/haven't got in a much more readable way.

One thing I find odd about gender fluidity, is that there are some games which are plainly written with a certain gender in mind. For example, in creatures such as we, even if you are playing a straight male protagonist, your still asked what level of makeup to put on and have stats related to that, whereas in pendragon rising, your  pretty much always playing a male, IE warrior prince, it's just your choice whether your in the standard medeival world of male warriors and female sorceresses, or in a sort of amazonian, alternative world where all the fighting is done by the women and men stay at home.

IN those instances Choiceofgames probably would've been better doing as the delight games do and actually just have you playing  specific character, though of course in other instances where your in a less gender polarised society, EG choice of the star captain or Yetti's parole officer, it doesn't matter as much.

I particularly liked zombie exodus for this. I admit it did take a bit of getting used to given that your romance options are the same with either character, meaning that your sexuality is based more on which character you start a relationship with than any  specific choice of sexuality options which change the gender of npcs, but in a way I was actually more comfortable playing a lady who just happened to develop a close relationship with another lady in the situation they were in, than I would've been if I'd been specifying being gay from the start and was a woman presented with lots of attractive ladies to romance.

Actually, the difference in style between delight games and the usual Cog stuff is an interesting topic in itself since the delight games are far more like old school fighting fantasy gamebooks with definite challenges and progressive rpg type stats to manage, plus where you're definitely playing a single character of a given age and gender, EG the young over waight male wizard in choice of the wizard, or the tough as nales lady pirate captain in choice of the pirate, though I confess I haven't played as many of the delight games as the Cog ones, since being more traditional gamebook style and therefore far more possible to take wounds and lose, they tend to be harder to complete.