Re: a code behind the bible

Another thing to considder is that actually the modern bible is a large collection of various ancient texts put together. The old testament for example comes from a lot of hebrew writings and the Jewish Tora, while the new testiment was written mostly in aramaic and translated into Griek, indeed their are gospels and other bits of text from that time in history didn't make it into the Bible.

That is why I find the idea of a code so unllikely, sinse your dealing with such a random collection of things translated into so many random languages,even if the original authors had one in mind there was no way it would survive for 2000 years or jell with all of the other writings that now make up the Bible.

I also don't particularly see why our modern science should be reflected in 2000 year old writings anyway, heck just look at the people who believe in creationism to see that sort of problem. If you know about how science rpogressed you know that it's essenti ally a set of educated guesses piled ontop of each other and that it's quite likely much will be proved wrng in the future just like the switch from newtonian to einsteinian physics.

to even attempt to tie our scientific guess work to the ideas of another time and culture so distant from what we know today like the bible seems to me rather pointless and quite unlikely to say the least, indeed it seems rather as if your trying to fit a round peg into a square hole with that one.

The bible is more than important enough as a work of philosophy, ethics and religious meditation, just look at the many people who've died over interpretations or translations of it throughout history, you don't need to invent more significance.

If you want a conspiracy, well there is more than enough bad stuff going on in the world that is! documented. \Oil companies owning patants for alternative energy research, the world trade organization specifically increasing the deb t of poor countries to line their own pockets, governments engaged in very shady operations in the name of security. There seems no need to invent more bad stuff ontop of all of that :d.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Chandu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BryanP via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector