Re: IOS 14 has Inflated My Expectations

haily_merry wrote:

77, thanks for removing any doubt in my mind that you're only here to shit stir. There's a difference between stating facts which can be easily verified, and throwing around baseless claims most if not all of which are entirely untrue. For the record, my phone doesn't include an SD card slot, but I know enough people who have phones that do to know that none of the issues you describe are present. You're clearly going off of prior experiences with other devices, which probably aren't even android I might add, more prone to issues with SD cards. I do also feel it worth pointing out that that hole argument is pretty much busted when you consider that weather or not a phone includes an SD card slot is entirely dependant on the manufacturer. Also, re, your point about manufacturers being able to do whatever they like with the phones? Also untrue, at least if they want to be supported by google play services and the like, which they do. See various chinees companies currently in legal trouble with google for examples of this. Sure they have more flexibility than with IOS, and almost all of them modify their interfaces to some degree or use their own launchers, but if you're not happy with something, chances are you'll be able to change it. Also something worth keeping in mind, just like with windows, there are many, many choices when it comes to devices. There are certain phones you want to watch out for, just like windows and computers. Ever heard of this wonderful little thing called research?
I'm sure your next post in here will also be full of easily proven false bluster in that condescending tone many of us have come to expect from you from STW. Bring it on.

As far as my understanding goes, Chinese companies are not in trouble of their own choosing. It's the US government, with their import and export business, that sturs up the trouble. Logically, if it would be google's choosing, they'd probably want to keep as much of the manifacturers on the platform, in fear of them being forced to come up with their own sollution, wich I might add, could just as well happen in the future, if this whole import and export battle continues.
And no, I haven't hat the luck to insert an sd card into a phone, thankfully. Thing is though, that if the card is not going to be encrypted, having an sd card in your phone is always going to be riskyer than if you wouldn't have one. And maybe the cards did become lots more performant, though you're not going to convince me that somehow, they are up to par with internal storage, so you're still in effect, bottlenecking your system with it, be it then with a lesser tangeable delay or what not.

-----

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector