Re: For Fans of MSN Messenger, it's back! Well... Kinda

To be honest, I don't know.
Yeah in its day msn was really good.
Would I'd like it back? well if all was fare yeah I would.
But like everything, who is even on it now days.
Msn is now skype.
With whatsapp and other such things now my gut says that skype isn't something everyone uses especially with zoom now.
For myself, due to the death of msn I went skype, and due to the crazyness round skype, even though it does cut me out of a lot of the remote job market, I have made a concious effort to not use platforms that can be turned off in a second.
The latest is twitter which at least was good for direct messages.
To be honest, if I didn't have to, I wouldn't even use forums like this, email is probably the only communication still available.
Would I go back?
Again it would depend on well if everyone else I had in my circle came back.
The days of swapping large sound libraries, bits of code between my hacking group and the like were nice memmories.
However so much has changed between 2000 and 2020.
These changes can be noticed with the overzellous security software to the emergence of all those security breaches on online services and creditcard previders.
To ransomware.
Its just not safe anymore to live chat as it used to be.
And while we have miranda, well who knows.
I made the decision last year to delete miranda completely, why? because not many use it, msn, aim, icq, those were my muse for the last 10 or so years and they all died.
Its not just, a lets bring it all back, its bringing everything back in time to.
Would I go back, if things could go back to how they were, probably.
Would I try now, probably not.
Put it this way, even though I have zoom, and can use it bar the stuff I need to do, I don't actually use it for myself.
My last skype call I did was not that recent either though I still use and have skype updated.
I sms mostly for local stuff and everything else is via email.
I don't need to livechat anymore but I do miss it.
Could I go back, I don't know, things have moved on quite a deal.
Back then I was a student, I had less to do than I have now, I was fat, and lazy and didn't care and could while away the days online imagining me as a big man in the real world.
Now over the other side as it were, I am still fat, as I like eating.
I am not as lazy, but between my podcasts, email, socal media, gaming and the like I barely have time for a chat in fact I need to remind myself I have an offline life and actually try to make myself exit  the matrix for a while.
I mean this ain't even the matrix like the movies as I am still in reality but if its hard to leave the computer now it would be worse in the movies.
Point is, I don't know if I would go back at least not right now.
Now, maybe in another 30 or so years when my family are gone and I am in a disabled institution waiting for my meat to die so I can shift worlds maybe I may revisit the interdimentional transfer point which is online.
For now, I have as much to do here as I do in meat space.
I did experience the cyber life back in my 20s though and was tempted to stay.
These days I have barely the time to really devote to things and seem to slack off from time to time.
Going back to somethhing like this would be nice though as long as say miranda, etc worked with it.
The best messenging client I ever used was old windows messenger 5.1, the one that was never updated, the one that never changed.
I'd like old msn back maybe with skype like functionality so you could talk to your contacts if you wanted.
I'd like that back in miranda.
I mean I could just as easily get on facebook messenger if I had a life in that space but I don't.
My social media nodes are to read other's media nodes and not post.
The closest connection I have to that time is skype and my circle is basically fucked, most are gone, and not much else.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector