Re: For Fans of MSN Messenger, it's back! Well... Kinda

@4 made a really interesting point. All these new messenger services are so connected and try to push you to share share share, vs how old skype used to be, where you had an attach files button to share if you felt like it. Not to mention skype was p2p, I think at least, but it wasn't as connected to the matrix of trends and what was brewing up shitstorms at that particular time. The old skype interface, updated when it needed to be did its job well. everything nowadays is just trying to be its own social media platform, with trying to suggest random people to you, push ads, and in general be an overbloated mess. Maybe its just because I'm not sighted, but I just don't care about all the extra shit. That's what Twitter is for. I can go onto Twitter when I want too but Twitter isn't meant for messaging exclusively but its there to message people you find on Twitter.
I really do miss old school Skype and Discord, while close in some way, its not the same interface-wise first of all, and second of all, everything is stored on their servers. Messages, everything. Idk man, shit is not what it used to be. I do like Discord though and do enjoy the strides it made towards accessibility, but I wish it had a more traditional, win32 applike interface like Skype used to have.
I will never use Zoom. Fuck Zoom. Its amazing how naive people in general are, but also schools, to give up security for convenience. It pisses me off personally because when shit does hit the fans later down the line these motherfuckers are going to be screaming at the top of their lungs. It goes hand in hand with giving up rights because you think big brother has your best interest at heart, when really, they care about making as much money as possible while tricking you into fucking yourself.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector