Re: For Fans of MSN Messenger, it's back! Well... Kinda

Me: Yes please!

I guess I forgot that most people have huge contacts lists and expect constant communication. Instead of, like, two or three people.
MSN is the only realtime text conversation service I'd ever really consider all that good. Bizarrely enough, Facebook Messenger seems to have done something very unusual, and actually improved on all the relevant axes. As of now, Messenger is smaller than just about every other app on my suggested updates list, even though the others really have no excuse for being 3-5 times the size. It no longer crashes all the time. I'm so use to updates making things worse, especially IM clients, that it kinda feels like I fell into bizarro world.
But if I could talk people into getting on an MSN Zombie instead, yeah, no competition. What even is the point of all the other crap they've been weighing us down with since Skype took over? Oh, hey, you know what else? Saving MSN conversations was trivial. I have no idea what happened to my Skype, Messenger, or text logs if something weird happens to the network or my device. I probably can find a way to save all those, but the thing is, in MSN, I just opened the file menu and hit save, and got a very readable txt or rtf file. But, eh, doing everything on phones these days just makes saving your data (especially privately) pointlessly strenuous in general, so I can't blame texts or Facebook for that. (Skype, though... >.< )

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector