Re: What do you think about the Corona virus conspiracy theories?

Interesting how, if we consider a sufficiently large sample size of the blind community, chances are most of us on here saying we want our lives back don't even have social lives to begin with. We hardly went out even before the pandemic. So what are we missing, exactly?

We're just chanting this chorus because it's the new "in" thing.

Online delivery is still ongoing; and for many of us, the fact that mom and pap shops are suffering means nothing. Because we don't go out...and we're not employed. Our income is still guaranteed no matter how bad things get. So I don't buy this "Help me, I'm suffering because businesses are losing money" stuff. Not from this community.

In fact, I'd argue that things are actually getting better for us considering that so many companies are now moving to remote work as a permanent solution and doing away with their offices. Contactless delivery / curbside pickup? Well, we no longer have some random person grabbing our arms and pummeling us violently in the direction we were going in anyway; we no longer need to fumble around a grocery store in the name of proving our independence to people who honestly couldn't care less, just so we can say we found our groceries all by our independent selves.

So if anything, the world has (or is getting) a lot more blind friendly than it used to be.