Re: Important moderation message, please read

I think this debate is going way out of hand and far beyond the actual issue under discussion.

I am quite aware that any peace of software can be pirated, that there is nothing stoping someone going off this forum and finding a  crack, an  illegal copy or whatever. That however isn't my concern. My concern is what happens on this forum.

Think of it this way, there are some parts of the world where selling coacane is quite legal, and it is quite possible for someone to leave Britain, go to Columbia or China or whereever and buy and sell drugs. That doesn't however invalidate the law in Britain or the fact that Coacane has been deemed a harmful substance who's sale should be prohibited. Yes, there are  certainly people in Britain  who sell and use coacane, but does that mean the police should say "oh well maybe we should  just tell everyone it's quite okay then?", or "well it's okay to use Coacane as long as you do it in private?"

Like the British police on this matter, I'm not concerned either with what goes on off the forum or elsewhere, sinse you are absolutely right, no system is perfect, however sinse this forum exists for promotion of audiogames, those who hinder audiogame development by cracking or pirating them should be prohibited from taking part in this forum.

With the pm's as I said, I am not disabling the system forever or suggesting that we should, I just wanted to make it clear to people that just because you don't exchange cracks or pirated software in public, doesn't mean you should be doing it in private, it shouldn't be done on this forum at all!

I will have a look at the admin settings today and also talk to Sander, see if there is anything I can set to pms that might help, for example restricting the use of pms to members with more than a certain number of posts  so that we can be relatively sure members are o kay and understand the rules before they start using them.

I agree, restricting pms entirely just to solve the problem would be a bad thing, think of this more as a revision than anything else.

Regarding English and the rules, well I'm afraid I do have to disagree sinse this is a concept which is fairly clear in whatever language you use, and I specifically wrote the site faq to say very clearly, no cracks, no piracy, no trying to get games without paying.

I will indeed have a look at the basic site rules to see if  this could be clearer, but I don't think this is such an unreasonable thing to take people to understand, after all every culture  has a concept of theft. Which is precisely why I made dam sure via pm that Mike-tan was! indeed asking me for the full version, I asked him if he meant the demo, I asked him if he meant that he wanted the full version without paying etc.

I do entirely agree that say in discussion, or values or whe n someone is expressing their opinions we should show tollerance, but there is only so much lee way for that, and just the same way if I went to  India and  stole from someone I'd be in just as much trouble as if I did it in Britain, irrispective of how good my Hindi Tamul etc was, someone will equally get into trouble if they're trying to pirate games irrispective of where they come from.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayden via Audiogames-reflector