Re: Sandbox MUD

Probably the most glaring thing is the fact that commands don't have common aliases which most MUDs tend to share, such as, 'l', for look, and exits aliased to either one or two letters, such as, 'n', 'u', or for non-cardinal directions, 'ne'.

There are also grammatical errors, like the lack of an article prepended to an object's name, and things like is/are not aligning with however many objects are in a room.

It is also not common to see yourself in a room's content / people listing unless there is a mirror or something that would cause you to see your own reflection. Even then, it would be more appropriate to have the player look at the mirror in order to see themselves.

But yeah, I think this is probably a better approach honestly. I get frustrated trying to play games on Alexa just because I feel trapped between not knowing how to do things or getting too much help when I already know what's expected and what I can say at any given point. Then the inevitable struggle with getting a command you *know* is correct to register. You spend more time fighting with it than chilling out and enjoying it. This isn't exclusive to your games, and I'm not trying to single you out or anything. Also, I had a game break itself by triggering Alexa when in the ending credits, it said something like, "thank you for playing this Alexa game". Well, Alexa got triggered, then the game looped back to the last action prompt and it became a perpetual cycle that I had to break by going over to it and hitting the mute button. Interestingly enough, it didn't happen in the beginning of the game, which leads me to wonder if there's a way to program it to know that the next utterance of Alexa should be ignored, and they just forgot to do it in the ending scene.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector