Re: Sandbox MUD

Great feedback!

Many commands have aliases, but lacking L for look was a dumb oversight on my part.
Directions are different, since they aren't hard coded verbs, but depend on the name given to them. I had put that off because to support that I'd have to support aliases for all objects. (Directions are just an exit object.) But I accept your point that it is a problem for general consumption, and I'll add it to my must-have list.
I, likewise, put of ommiting yourself from the description, since it was difficult the way the code was structured. But usability always trumps programmatic difficulty, so on it goes.

Alexa activating itself at the end is a bug that's been noticed a few times. Amazon appear to consider it a low priority one, given how long it's been there.

It's funny, because I've spoken internationally about the need for audio assistant applications to make their functionality discoverable and to scale back their verbosity as the user masters the application. There is a LOT in Six Swords, for example, to do that. So that's a little disappointing to hear that even I can't get it right!

There is none of that at all of that in this game, so it probably will get tedious quickly. I'll start thinking about how to make it easy for in-game content creators to author that sort of scaled verbosity into what they make.

Thanks again. I've transcribed these into the issue tracker GitHub and I'll get on it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector