Re: I have a big problem with Twitter. Any alternatives?

Er...just have to say that @5 literally just advocated breaking down democracy in the U.S. because he doesn't like the other party.

That's the kind of shit that Trump's twitter has spent 4 years promoting.  I was going to leave this alone, but the big tech companies literally waited until his actions got the senate swarmed by what is decidedly not a peaceful protest before they did anything about him, so not sure what you all want here.  Should tech companies never take action?  Letting content on them go so far that we've got people saying "I don't like the other party, how about we declare martial law for a while, nevermind those pesky elections" is a lot of inaction.  Should we never fact check?  Should we let politicians break the rules with impunity?  To the point that we've now have huge swathes of the population believing that the election was stolen with no evidence and starting to destabilize the government?  What's the threshold?  There has to be one.

I don't have links to the original content that got him banned, but it's been taken down, and the tweets that @1 is posting aren't it.

There is a reason that in 2016, even though we had evidence of Russian interference, etc. the democrats didn't seriously try to overturn the election.  The Republicans have literally done everything they can to overturn one with no actual evidence of problems, up to and including trying to make it harder to vote.  Anyone getting mad about this and saying let's declare martial law should reflect on that.  There's a reason that people are careful about this stuff, and that reason is that martial law and overturning elections and stuff are like nuclear bombs--you might get what you want for a few years if you try it, but man, that radioactive fallout will destroy the country.

Want to leave Twitter because of this?  Whatever.  But I will always, always call out people like @5, because I don't want to live in an authoritarian hellhole.