Re: code 7

I mean sure, I did tell you you could ask if you needed more info. And I've been giving you hints; it's not like I told you to just figure it out on your own. Here, does this satisfy your "a little more direction" requirement?

Obviously, spoilers for Episode 1 ahead.

spoilers wrote:

1. Well, we've already got a problem. I don't really remember that part all that well. I can go look through it again, but tomorrow. For now though, from what I recall, there are two computers that belong to the security guy. One on the main PC's (whatever it's called) network, and one on the Credcube's. So if one doesn't work and you feel like you have enough information, try the other one first.
In case there is still a piece of information you need first, try going to the command line and letting the speech read out everything. Near the end is the mission, which should tell you what you're looking for, I think.
2. Being on Itch does not change the anything here, since that list of achievements is available without a Steam account, as well. Look at the names and descriptions, and see if there is anything that stands out as particularly password-like.
Or here, if you need an even more specific hint: Quite an odd way to do it, don't you think? After all, this would mean that the achievement causes itself ... wink
3. You are looking for a file on a computer. Again, I don't remember the specifics. but I definitely found it in the Science Area. On one of the Secof (I should look up how it's spelled) computers, if I recall correctly. Should not be too far away from the cameras; Security perhaps?
4. All red herrings, except for one file which would've gotten you an achievement of the same name upon downloading (but wouldn't have done anything else). You can download them anyway, but hard drives in the future are apparently much smaller than they are now, so that might prove inconvenient.
In case you're curious, no, sighted people can't look at any of the photos, either. But the 0000 file is an interesting challenge for them to parse. Much harder when you can't review the letters, though. Here's some of what it's repeating:
"EmaC eramthgiN emaC eramthgiN evil em tel esaelp dekcip neeb evah I dnuof neeb evah i"

As mentioned above, I just like helping new players because I like the game, and am not an official customer service person; no customer service is included in the price of the game. So yeah, I have every right to decide against sharing particular information. I've found from experience that far too often people (me included, mind you!) ask for help with something, then within a few hours or after sleeping on it figure it out on their own. And when it comes to optional puzzles, well, they're optional, so me sharing their solutions is even more so. I do so, sometimes, when I get the feeling that a player has actually been trying hard, but nothing will collapse if I do not.
If you feel like I am "gatekeeping" you, join the Discord, ask there, and see if anyone else is kinder than I. Or hell, nothing is stopping other players from answering here, either.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector