Re: Any idea why Trials In Tainted Space became unplayable?

@Defender, not using Jaws I haven't run into this placemaker thing, do you think I should mention it on the entry? I do use several of the in game graphics to find stuff EG it's easy enough to get to the description of your current room by going down from the graphics of your characters, or heck just typing the word "electrum" into the find feature and then hitting f3, since your coin total is shown on every page.

I mentioned the screen reader mode, and change of time setting. I also tried disabling graphics but that didn't seem to make as much difference.
I tried out the simplified and slow combat settings, but I was less crazy on these since slow combat actually increased the number of button presses needed, while missing out on combat descriptions in a turn based game was a little disappointing, though if people fancied these for spam reduction I could see the point.

the two things I'd like to get rid of, are the  "zoom in" and "map crosshair" buttons under the description, since as a VI user those really don't do anything but take up space, and the rather odd way that there is a bunch of empty, none working buttons kicking around on every page, often labelled with their last used action, such as equip or the name of powers, but which don't do anything, although I'm guessing these are place holders for the in game hotkeys, and so probably an integral part of the interface that can't be moved.

The only other thing that rather confuses me is the way that the descriptions of your characters powers, or indeed anyone else's powers, are repeated a hole bunch of times if you look at their stats, indeed at first I thought I was just getting the guard stance description read over and over and over again and there was a mouseover problem. I'm guessing these are to do with the same power being described in empty power slots, when I don't have other powers to fill them, but it's a shame the description can't change to "slot so and so empty", for the slots your not using.