Re: a few complaints about the blind comunity

Hi guys.
I want to bring up some of mine points

1. Those who say only the "blind community" wants free stuff, might not have been in a lot of sighted communities if so. Because all  People in general prefer free stuff, it be a service or software or gear. They want to pay less if they can, They want to examine an item before buying it or even test it, and they want to see a demo of any application before investing in it.
2. I agree that some people who are blind are selfish sometimes and Think that because they cannot see, all the world *has to* respect them and their choices.
I also want to tell you that this case is not only with people who are blind, Just replace the word "Blind" with any disability, disadvantage, or downside you like. Selfishness is just a feature that some souls have it. It doesn't have to do anything with blindness specifically.
3. No matter how you try to ignore JAWS or Window Eyes or supernova, Misspe ll their company names or make fun of them, I would like to inform you that more than 90% of windows-based,  production-use computers are running these ScreenReaders as we speak right now.
These comercial products will work without any errors, They are stable, they have dedicated support, and They are flexable as long as the company behind it support the customer and their requirements.
Yes. Big companies will provide as much as money as required to have a stable platform with straight forward support, and individuals who can aford the heavy prices will also  use these comercial nonfree Screen Readers.
The matter of the skyrocketed price, and the lack of support and creativity of These companies is a different thing how ever.
I deeply wish that windows catch up OS X in terms of the self-Screen Reader improvement, And we see all the works, be a dayly use of a computer to a heavily production use of it being done  without any need of addetional Scree n Reader application, just a powerful built in Screen Reader, officially supported by Microsoft.
There is also the amazing free NVDA, but let's not forget that its developers are providing it for free, and they also have lives to attend. I extremely admire their work for the creation of such an amazing Screen Reader.

4. I totally hate the mean companies who try to sell their products for a high price, to limited individuals.
In our case, those who say that developing and creating products for blind and visually impaired takes more energy and cost, I proudly disagree with you and without a doubt, I will say that it's a lie.
Creating and maintaining a specialized product is costly I agree with you, But these companies are big lyers who are ranking blind users as "Very special" which is not true.