Re: a few complaints about the blind comunity

@BrianP,
I actually have to agree with a lot of that post. I have indeed come across those blind extremists who call it "descrimonating" when something doesn't happen their way, like the library system. That's what apps such as tap tap see are for if you want to independently find lables. Else, ask a library staff to help you.

  Also, now that I've calmed down, I can think of more examples of how sighted people are also all about getting free or cheap stuff. I've actually heard of sighted people say stuff like "I won't shop at that store because their prices are too high." Also, people are looking for the cheapest gass, groceries, electronics etc etc.
  And don't you notice how, when stores are putting there stuff on sail (making it, "cheaper,") for a limited time, how the stores flood with sighted people?
  I mean even on Black Friday, people get killed and trampled going through store s, because the sighted folks are too busy fighting over the cheap stuff.
And believe it or not, some self-entitled sighted person called 911 because she clamed that her water bill was too high, and that the city wouldn't do anything about it.

  Now, I'm not condemning sighted folks, nor am I launching an attack, contredictory or other, on anyone here on this forum. These are just a lot of the examples I see of sighted people who think there above all and should get free stuff. However, post 28, you also proove a point. I've seen those disabled people who try theeir hardest, and I've also seen those who think they should get in the front of lines, and people should do things for them, etc etc. So, to summarize this? I agree with both the most recent posts.

  On a completely different note, [[wow]], I didn't know it costed that much to develop products like Jaws. And why does it? Nvda, which in many ways surpasses Jaws even though it 's in its 8th year of development and jaws is in it's 16, clearly doesn't cost anything, as it's being handed out for free. And Microsoft narrator? I could perhaps see that progressing, to suit the direction windows is going in anyway. Personally, there are many aspects of the OS I don't agree with, but that's not my choice and complaining of such things here would be quite frivolous.

  I could see things such as the braille note costing a lot, as it's a computer, speciffically developed for the blind.