Re: dumb warnings?

Hi all.
Agree, there was a program on a dessert which stated do not turn over.
The warning was on the bottom of the box though.
And I have seen not necessarily warningsbut some stupidity appearing on windows updates and other things of all things.
The most recent was a couple months ago.
An update was to fix a security issue in a kernel mode driver then got immediate alerts to remove it because according to ms, some users had trouble with installing programs or rebooting.
However if you read that warning you would have to be booted into something.
There were suggestions on how to uninstall the update if you had issues in safe mmode, all techy though and at any rate, if my system didn't boot the first thing I'd do is put in my recovery mode cd.
I would be asked are you sure you want to recover the system?
I hit yes, and the system would be reformatted.
Similar updates by companies have come over in the years.
Microsof t seems to cop a lot of the publically noticed ones.
fonts not displaying right and a few other things.
I had one in early 2000 where on updating an update kept asking me to uninstall when updating and then windowsupdate would error.
I answered no thinking there was an error on my part.
the system started and the keyboard didn't work.
I put in my recovery disk hit yes and a reformat later it was booting up again.
I never got the same issue again and apparently there was something up at that time.
However after updating a system back in 1998 I got  another update which I installed.
In its description, it said basically, this update is to address the fact that whilst securing your system we blocked all internet access!
Despite the fact that if you were blocked you couldn't update.
I am sure others have things.
The most common things I see are for stupid people or people that still like to read, click and run spam at tachments and links.
In a lot of updates over the last couple years I have got a message, stating you can't be hacked unless you click a link or open an attachment.
So why update then?
Answer because there are still people that do that sort of thing.
I have well had a friend in an organisation that said that every bit of security software, antivirus, os update, etc could potentially stuff the system and that he didn't use any of that stuff because it breaks things.
Further more he said we didn't need the best security we just have to use our brains more.
While I don't fully agree with this statement, it does seems there are still people that don't use their brains to the fullest, discounting those that have had most of them eaten by zombies or are actually zombies.