Re: My life of gaming: A closing chapter

Hello Patrick and thank you for sharing your name, your story and your beliefs.

I will not say whether I agree with your decision or not, a relationship with God is a personal thing and a journey as you said, and it is certainly true that like anything carried to excess games can become a vice.
I would however suggest you have a look at C S Lewis Screwtape letters, in particular what he says later on about Gluttany and the nature of sin, sinse games can also be a very positive thing, providing needed mental stimulation, community, purpose, a chance to help others and a feeling of accomplishment. Whether games do this for you is yours to judge, but I will say if you ever find yourself in a position that games and your relationship to God can co exist, your always welcome on this forum, indeed I'll miss sharing your thoughts and opinions.

Good luck with whatever you do next in your life.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector