Re: Japanese games Translation projects

I think the problem, Dark, is that those ten people are more than happy with what they have and feel that it's not necessary to translate in the first place, which is sad because I do, as a matter of fact, think that these games do deserve a wider audience. The English speaking market has seen some great games, but whether it's because of the resources or simply the time the developers put into the games themselves, Japanese games are much more in depth and thought out than many, but not all of the games we have in the english market. I site the Bokurano Daibouken series as an example. Bokurano Daibouken 2 which was the first one I played came out in 2010. The last game in the trilogy, 3, didn't come out until October of 2013. That was three years between releases... and it floored everyone who played it when it came out. Partially, I think, because of the fact that yukio spent three who knows how much time in those three years working on things like the flight syst em, stealth missions, stats for all 119 and more weapons in the game, even things like being able to attack enemies from different angles and on one occasion moving platforms.

Anyway, ramble aside, in response to your comment on other topics... I also don't think Japanese games hit it off on audyssey because the discussions never mentioned them. They only cropped up a few times, but I agree the process of setting so many things up probably seems daunting to some people. But I think that, again, the amount of people who play Japanese games in the audiogames community is probably similar to the American portion of gamers that play import games and just rely on web translations and youtube videos. hahaha.

Anyhow, I do hope this project gets off the ground... and although copying and pasting Google translate would be fine, if there are people willing, I'd rather shoot for something more. Not a perfect translation, perhaps, but something a bit more substancial than stuff people will have to unscramble since I'm afraid that would be another turnoff. But keep your thoughts coming, Dark. I'd appreciate any you might have!