Re: Are these kind of behaviours weird and/or childish?

To be honest kenzon I utterly disagree. To me you will never get as immersive as a book sinse what is written is based on your ability to imagine. For example, when Snape is killed by Naginni I always imagine it as quite a bloody, unpleasant end, after all naginni is a huge snake and though she kills by poison there would undoubtedly be a large wound. I imagine snape thrashing on the floor, his face going grey, quite a tragic end and a very surprising fate for someone who in the first few books was such an imposing character.

The film of course does not make Snape's death half this unpleasant, because it is a pg rated film, heck you barely see much of the violent stuff like worm tale cutting off his had.

As to Harry, well to be honest I never really bought Daniel radcliff expressing pain in the film, indeed I always find I laugh when in the film of goblet of fire harry obviously finds being knicked in the wrist with a knife so wormtale can use his blood far more painful than his scar, given he screams rather more violently.
Plus of course, the books express things that the film can't, I love the description in Order of the Phenix when Voldemort attempts to possess Harry, (a sequence which as I remember is almost entirely missing from the film,m although sinse it takes place in harry's mind and unlike a lot of Anime western films just tend to represent what is going on I can understand why).

It's often said that part of the reason that reading is held to stimulate the mind where as tv doesn't is that when a person reads something, it is up to their imagination and immertion to place them in the situation being described, where as in a film (especially if you see what is going on), everything is given, you don't need to imagine or empathize with anything just passively recieve, one reason why so many films are based on big exciting action sequences rather than telling in depth stories with characters and e motions.

I don't know how much I agree with this view, but it is certainly true that for me, while I really enjoy films and tv series (I'm having lots of fun with Buffy at the moment), there is something I get from reading and to an extent audio dramas that I just don't get from films and I could never entirely replace one with the other. Maybe it's immertian, maybe it's imagination I'm not sure, but either way I actually hold the opposite to be true, a film is in the majority of cases less immersive than a book, and that is ctrue of harry potter.

Still, if you want to see the films go ahead, although I think you will probably be disappointed.