Re: Anyone interested in another racing game?

I'm beginning to work on a built in track builder, that can be accessed via the main menu. I'm still, however, having some difficulty deciding how I want to do this. What I was thinking is as follows:
1. There is a menu. In this menu, you have the basic options; Setting weather conditions, maximum obstacles, how fast obstacles would spawn, all of that.
Also, in the main menu, I want there to be an option called layout customization. But unlike keying in values as is most common to track builders and such, I'd like the builder to select one of the available vehicles. Then, they would start driving just like regular, with the ability to move backward and forward on the track. Now in order to place a turn, they would first have to pause movement by pressing p, of course. To place a left turn, hit the left arrow key one time. if you want it to be a moderate turn, press left again. and if you want an advanced left turn, press left again, and finally a deadly le ft would occur the 4th time you pressed left arrow. Here's an example in case it sounds confusing.

1. I'm a drivin' down the track, just minding my own business. Ok, this seems far enough to iniate a surprise deadly left turn!
I'll press p, OK, good, it said paused. Let's see what the screen reader said when I hit left.
"Current turn type is slight left turn. Press P to unpause and race the duration of the turn"
No, I don't want that. Left arrow.
"Current turn type is moderate left. Press P to unpause"
No, still don't want that.

Etc, until you hear the type is deadly. You will then press p, unpause the game and get back into movement mode. Just as a player on the track, you are driving the turn, fighting as it were. Now when you decide that this is enough already, press p, and you'll be paused again. to end the turn and go back to a straight, just press enter. And if you're a full a nd want a turn immediately after the deadly left, don't unpause after entering; just start hitting the right arrow, it works the same as the left.

  Now when you want a finishh marking of the track, simply while you're driving, press the enter key.

  So how do you guys like this verses precise typing in values? I know you'll end up with things being at random track squares, but this is good if you want to base your track on real-time intervals rather than values.

  So should I use this system? or should I use the more classic one. Or, since this is going to be shareware, should I add both?