Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

@Jason, sounding cool, the pounce attack particularly. As has been said, the more interesting and specialized the mosnters and their attacks can be, the better, sinse while it's cool to fight goblin or orc fighters, barbarians and mages from time to time, nothing beats a big nasty original monster with out own unique abilities that catch you by surprise.

I actually am also pleased that the human's fists aren't  effective against a wolf, sinse failing classes that have  skills in unarmed combat like monks and brawlers, they really shouldn't be. It always did seem a little odd that in Entombed 1 melee characters like fighters or assassins were better off ditching the default bent branch they started with and going all rocky until they got some weapons big_smile.

If possible, having the game recognize different mods and decide what version you w ant might be extremely helpful. For example, suppose I decide in my mod to give the wolve's a "hamstring" attack, which, if it hits does a lot of damage to one of the target's legs (possibly making them broken or crippled or some other condition), and also knocks them flat, but because I have given the wolves such a devastating new attack, I decide to drop their over all hp.

That way I have changed the wolves in my mod, however someone else might not want the hamstring attack and have the default wolves, or give the wolves a completely different attack in their mod. If mod selection is possible however, we can have as many typesand modifications of the default wolf as people wish, and none will interfere with each other.

This is the way Angband's mods work, each mod is a completely separate program with it's own exe files, help etc, and usually installs in a ifferent folder to the standard Angband. Having selectable mods would effectively h ave the same consequence, provided that the game will be okay with looking up the data files in whatever mod is selected in the mods directory.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector