Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

@haramir, there is already a way to know when you reach the end of a room and can't go any further in the current direction, you get the brushing against wall sound. I believe from what Jason was saying earlier rooms in entombed 2 will be far smaller than those in entombed 1, you won't have to walk over every space to get what ever is in the room, just have one space. Continuous walking would be okay, but I'm not convinced a run key is needed, after all the walking part of the game is not about fast action or even exploring everything, just progressing through the game, perhapsusing detection spells as discussed earlier and then deciding whether to go into the various rooms you find and explore side turnings, or go  streight through the circle to find the stairs up to the next floor.

As to wolves and claws,  my problem is that wolves, dogs and foxes actually don't! use their claws to directly damage their prey. The claws chief purpose is to hel p in climbing or in holding something down on the floor while the canine gets their teeth into it. Thus, I always think it is a bit weerd when in fantasy games wolves and what not have direct damage claw attacks, as opposed to say different sorts of bight or evasion or indeed a pounce attack as JAson has given them.

On the other hand, if we have any wild cats or other felines in the game, not to mention lizards or even birds, claws ahoy! and of course there are lots of fantasy creatures with many deadly claws, I remember one of the David eddings books had very cool troll like creatures with poisoned claws which I thought were pretty awsome, particularly sinse they were commanded by an ogre wearing armor.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector