Re: Trying choiceofgames

Choice of the dragon is okay for what it is and quite commical, but it's very linniar and doesn't really offer much choice over all. The better Choice script games are the ones with real choices about the story and progression, as well as great writing and characters.
Under choice of games I can highly recommend Mecha ace for something with an amazing world, very good (if quite bleak), writing and some choices that really matter, indeed matter a bit too much big_smile.
Choice of robots also has some amazingly different outcomes sinse you can literally go from world domination to saving humanity in the same game big_smile.

If you want something introspective and atmospheric in a scifi setting, creatures such as we is worth a look, although while the characters, set ting and options were lovely I did feel as I said earlier in this thread some of the attempts at artistic discussion I was less taken with.

Also however, bare in mind there are the hosted games. These are produced in the choice script language, but are written by different authors, and usually with a slightly different style and standard to the games sold under the choiceofgames own banner sinse they tend to be a little more experimental and can range from terrible to amazing in quality.

FateHaven  I can absolutely recommend, great characters and writinng and an awesome plot. I'm a major fan of zombie exodus just for it's writing style, although note that the choiceofgames Choice of zombies is also well worth a play (zombies had far more choices and alternatives, but exodus is imho better written).
Samurai hyuga, for all it's forced grimness is also rather good as well.

In general I've enjoyed most of the Cog and Hg titles I'v e played for different things. Shadow horror for atmosphere and a very ultimate conclusion, Apex patrol for setting depth and style, choice of the star captain for humour, Last monster master for making you very responsible (a little too much so), and a distinctly well fleshed out world, the heroes rise games for their combat and action, choice of romance for just being a rather unique fantasy with a fairy tale ending, although that one I need to explore further, Yetti's patrol officer as a light hearted  feel good scifi, Choice of broadsides for it's swashbuckling awesomeness, although it very much is one of their earlier titles, even city of the clouds which I was generally less keen on had it's amusements, indeed if you read through this entire topic you'll see various thoughts on many of the cog and hg games, sinse usually there's always something to like about each, indeed there are very few games I've played I'd  streight out say we re utterly worthless. And of course, I've by no means played all their offerings, that is why this topic is so very long. There is also personal bias, for example I'm less a fan of  crime drama or military fiction so haven't investigated some games of those sorts, though I shal in the future, and likely a person with a higher opinion of the hole super hero genre would have more positive thoughts about hero's rise than I did, (I enjoyed them but they weren't my favourite).

Choice of the dragon in some ways  is more like an extended promo, and quite a cursory one at that, as I said fun for what it is, but not really representative of some of the best of the style.