Re: DeathMatch, a new beginning

Sir Dan. You know who I am on DMNB. Speaking of working in a TCPIP and DNS server background in the past. It's always wiser to take down the whole game if serious issues like this arises. The constant errorring out of the system should be enough to take it down to further investigate stuff.
Yes I said I currently program chatbots for a hobby but in the past when I still was employed I did work for companies as network trouble shooter, with TCPIP and DNS servers. The safest thing to do when a server crashes is to take it down, but with that said, when you work for a corporate like I did until may this year, there is always a secondary server that stands, and the secondary server mostly contains an old backup of when the system was still stable.
I know that is a bit impossible when it comes to games, but one has to consider that some would like to play dmnb even if its, for the moment, on an older system.
Again, with that said, and the fact that I understand the headaches of a programmer, I do understand your decision in the end of taking the system down until the current bugs are smoothed out and the server is deemed stable again.
I want to ask a question though about character/computer specifics that you said you implemented. If I was to somehow get a new computer, would I then have to create a new character just because my old computer works no more?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vlad25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tablen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindman75 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : prajwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : milos via Audiogames-reflector