Re: WebAIM Screen Reader Survey #6 Results and Opinions

Hello,

For many questions, I don't agree with the majority, especially the last one about PDF this time. PDF format and Adobre reader are just pure crap and I just don't understans how anyone can say that PDF is very accessible.

However, I agree with the majority of IE vs firefox and chrome. Personally, I continue using IE mostly because of habits, and still in 2015 I don't feel as comfortable with firefox or chrome as I'm with IE. So, this doesn't look surprising to me.

However, as many people, I'm extremely surprised by the results of Windows eyes and ZoomText. It's quite strange, it doesn't correspond at all  with what I'm observing on the playroom. ON the playroom, the screen reader repartition is 68% Jaws and 24% NVDA, while Windows eyes and ZoomText are rare (0.4% and 0.05% respectively). NVDA is constantly increasing since 5 years while Jaws constantly decreases (at the beginning, it was about 85% vs 10%). There is almost excuusively blind people on the playroom, what explains quite easily why there is no ZoomText. But for Windows eyes, I don't really understand.

I find that their statistics are relatively badly computed, because they mix complete blind and low-vision people in the same numbers. The two worlds are too much different to be taken together; they should be totally separated. By making the separation, we could see much better what each group use at most.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector