Re: WebAIM Screen Reader Survey #6 Results and Opinions

Hi.

Perhaps I'm just stubborn or old, but I just gave window eyes a go for about fifteen minutes after setting it up and went straight back to NVDA.

Some problems I found, that I'm sure could be fixed if I played around with window eyes a bit more:
1. It would seem that the first part of dialog boxes are read and that's it.

I found I could press the numpad two and eight to read more, but a basic windo eyes user isn't going to know that, are they?

2. Once in Firefox there seemed to be know way of me moving around using the arrows. The only way I could move was by using tab. I did set Windo eyes to the insert keyboard layout so that might have something to do with it.

3. the control dash? Is that right? Shortcut to open the windo eyes control panel didn't seem to work at all.

A couple of things I really liked about windo eyes:

1. No more hearing, blank blank blank. That is a feature I really like.

2. The fact you can change your sounds for progress bars, that's awesome.

I'll be sticking to NVDA for now. Perhaps later on in my life, something else will come out. For now though, NVDA is the screen reader for me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector