Re: WebAIM Screen Reader Survey #6 Results and Opinions

The Play Room has a very specific demographic of advanced computer users, and Window-Eyes is for totally blind users.

I appreciate that lots of people love NVDA, and I certainly want to see a truly free screen-reader succeed, but honestly, the uptake of Window-Eyes is really no surprise. Most people now have or can easily get Office, and Window-Eyes is a better screen reader across the board by sheer app compatibility on the Windows platform. As a Mac user who uses an even more unpopular screen reader, albeit that I own a Window-Eyes licence and would generally prefer to use it if I were given the choice of a primary screen reader on Windows, I have no fight to pick with either NVDA or AI Squared users, I just think some NVDA fans are finding it hard to accept the new trend. I'm fairly confident some of this is self-inflicted; many of them are religious about the propriety of the way that NVDA works, or their choice of operating system, or the price, or the fact that it 's Open Source, but none of that really changes the fact that Window-Eyes is quite simply much more popular now than it was before it became "Free" for most Windows users.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector