highdudgeon;150485 Wrote:
> What is he thinking of doing with the SB?
>
> I, too, don't have anything intrinsically against modding.  I've owned
> plenty of modded stuff, including a wonderful CDP from Modwright (local
> guy, at that).  That's not the issue.  The issue for me has always been
> that some people can be a bit gullible and spend lots of money without
> really understanding what is going on.  The nicer PSU is a good idea.
> The $700 version is, well, for someone who has $700 burning a hole in
> their pocket.  Everything within reason, eh?
>
> As for the Transporter, I was so impressed by the SB3 from the
> beginning, and then further impressed by the SB3 with some cutting edge
> DACs, that I decided to pursue a relationship with the company.  I
> believe in the smart, open-source develop SD uses and the fine products
> they produce.  If these things were not facts, Logitech would not have
> spent a considerable amount of money in buying a small company.
>
> Again, don't take my word for it -- listen to what others, like Ben and
> Tom, have to say about the Transporter.  I think it is a great sounding
> and cool looking product.  However, if a person is not a "fanboy"
> (whatever that is...I'm assuming a poor translation of some kind, as it
> is not something I have ever heard in English), than why even haunt this
> forum?  But that's another question.  Do whatever you like; be happy;
> relax, it's about the music.

well said.

Rajacat seems to have some kind of issue with anyone who disagrees with
him.
What's wrong with being a "fanboy"?  I assume this a fan of SD
products, well, I am a fan because they make a great product.

Rajacat, do you own a SB? If you do, doesn't this make you a fanboy?

If you don't why are you here?

--
tomjtx