Phil Leigh;290388 Wrote:

> I just don't understand why people never consider the example of
> movies. Once you get to about 25fps, you can't "see" the frames...

Because people like to flatter themselves and believe they see and hear
more than they can... ignoring that their head contains an incredibly
fast and powerful (and totally capricious) analog signal processor
called the brain.

It manipulates and twists everything we see and hear.  Usually this is
for our 'good'.. but sometimes it just behaves in what appears to be a
random manner: coloring our senses wrongly because our mood is
different.. or we had too much or not enough coffee, or we are mad at
the kids on the lawn...

I don't get why people insist their ears are so golden but don't admit
that perhaps their brain is even more golden, detecting subtle
differences in the way the tester says, "okay, what does this sound
like?" and using that to infer what the source material is with no
effort at all.

The brain is really scary sometimes at the signals it picks up,
processes, and uses to taint everything, all subconsciously.

--
snarlydwarf